This Limited Warranty is provided by ServiceUp, Inc. ("ServiceUp"). ServiceUp warrants any maintenance and repair services purchased through ServiceUp (the “Services”) will be free from parts defects supplied by ServiceUp and in the work performed by Technicians subject to the conditions noted herein.
THE LIMITED WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, EXCEPT WHERE SUCH EXCLUSION IS PROHIBITED BY LAW. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY APPLIES TO VEHICLES USED FOR PERSONAL, HOUSEHOLD OR FAMILY USE AND DOES NOT APPLY TO COMMERCIAL OR FLEET VEHICLES.
Coverage. This Limited Warranty extends to the original purchaser of the Services and is transferable to subsequent vehicle owners upon proof of ownership within the warranty period.
Warranty period. This Limited Warranty lasts for 12 months or 12,000 miles from the date of Services, whichever comes first (the “Warranty Period”). If a part has a separate warranty that is longer than the Warranty Period, that longer warranty will apply to the specific part and this Limited Warranty shall apply to work performed by the Technician. Any remedial work performed under this Limited Warranty shall not restart the Warranty Period.
This Limited Warranty:
- Shall not apply to car battery replacement, oil changes, brakes, wipers and all fluids.
- Shall not apply to any work not paid for, scheduled or processed through ServiceUp, including but not limited to, (i) any work performed by a ServiceUp Technician or Partner Technician but was not scheduled and processed through ServiceUp, (ii) any work performed by any individual not associated with ServiceUp or partner technician including yourself;
- Shall not apply if any work is performed by ServiceUp to vehicles intended and used for commercial purposes;
- Shall not apply to vehicles owned directly by ServiceUp’s fleet, business or enterprise customers;
- Shall not apply if any attempt has been made to fix the problem or touching the work performed by ServiceUp or its partners;
- Shall not apply to any diagnostic or inspection service;
- Shall not apply to any pre-existing condition that was not disclosed to ServiceUp prior to starting the Services that is discovered during or after the Services are performed;
- Shall not apply to any consequential effects of the Services performed, unrelated to any of the parts replaced being defective or any of the repair work performed incorrectly.
To submit a warranty claim under this Limited Warranty, please email us at email@example.com The following steps must be followed for claims:
- A ServiceUp technician must inspect the vehicle after receipt of a warranty request to verify the specified issue(s) are eligible for warranty coverage. 1 hour of labor will be charged if a service call is made under this Limited Warranty for an alleged defect determined not to be the result of a defect in materials or workmanship. Customers must pay for any non-warranty service ordered at the same time as any warranty service.
- ServiceUp will verify the mileage from the initial visit and the current mileage. ServiceUp will also verify the Service date for the initial repair.
- The vehicle must be located within our service areas. ServiceUp will not pay for third party inspection of the vehicle.
- All other possible warranty scenarios not mentioned above should be reviewed with customer support.
If ServiceUp determines there is a defect in materials or workmanship of the Services and we elect to perform remedial service work and/or replace defective part(s) installed (instead of providing a refund), we will create a new appointment to perform such work and/or replace such part(s) at no cost to you. If a refund is to be issued due to defective materials, return of the defective part(s) may be required prior to refund. ServiceUp is not responsible for any expenses incurred by you for return of the defective part(s). We neither assume nor authorize anyone to assume for us any other obligation or liability in connection with the Services.
Limited Warranty is Void.
- If any parts not ordered through ServiceUp are installed by the Technician.
- Any Service request deviates from a manufacturer’s recommendation.
- After receiving the Service, you take the vehicle to a person outside of the ServiceUp platform for repair, without first giving ServiceUp the opportunity to inspect and remedy the issue. ServiceUp will not pay for third party inspection of the vehicle.
- If the repaired vehicle is damaged by abnormal use, misuse, neglect, accident or modification.
*ServiceUp retains in its sole discretion the final authority on whether this Limited Warranty applies or is void.
SERVICEUP MAKES NO OTHER EXPRESS WARRANTY ON THIS PRODUCT.
THE DURATION OF ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, IS LIMITED TO THE DURATION OF THE EXPRESS WARRANTY HEREIN CONTAINED, SERVICEUP HEREBY EXCLUDES INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOSS OF TIME, INCONVENIENCE, OR LOSS OF USE OF THE VEHICLE FOR ANY BREACH OF ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY APPLICABLE TO THIS PRODUCT. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an Implied warranty lasts or the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above exclusions or limitations may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
The only warranties applying to this part(s) are those which may be offered by the manufacturer. ServiceUp hereby expressly disclaims all warranties, either express or implied, including any Implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, and neither assumes nor authorizes any other person to assume for it any liability in connection with the sale of this part(s) and/or service. Customer shall not be entitled to recover from the damages to property, damages for loss of use, loss of time, loss of profits, or income, or any other incidental damages.
NOTICE TO CUSTOMER REGARDING ENVIRONMENTAL COMPLIANCE CHARGES
We make a separate charge for the storage and disposal of toxic wastes. Rather than recover these costs by increasing our labor rates to all of our service customers, we make this charge only on those particular repairs or services which generate these wastes. These are uniform charges which are calculated annually for each particular service and are available on request.
ADDITIONAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Our usual charges for labor are not based on actual mechanic’s time, but are simply our prices for particular jobs.
- You will be charged no more than the estimated price approved by you. However, if we discover that different or additional repairs are necessary, you will be contacted for your advance approval of a revised estimate.
- Customer is hereby notified that the vehicle and any of its contents are not insured or protected to the amount of the actual cash value thereof, or otherwise, against loss occasioned by theft, fire or vandalism.
- Customer states no articles of personal property have been left in the vehicle and ServiceUp is not responsible for inspection thereof.
- The repair of this vehicle and completion are subject to the availability of labor and parts. ServiceUp is not responsible for unavailability of parts or delays in parts shipment beyond the ServiceUp’s control.
- Due to the type of service requested some repairs must be sublet.
- ServiceUp is authorized to deliver the vehicle described herein or any of its contents to any person presenting this receipt.
- Remanufactured and refurbished parts that meet manufacturer approved source part requirements may be installed at our discretion. Additional information is available upon request.
- I authorize the retrieval of on-board data as needed to facilitate vehicle repair, as well as sharing that data with the vehicle manufacturer for diagnostic and research purposes.
- Customer acknowledges if a request for parts return was made before work commenced, that some parts are not returnable due to OEM requirements.
WARNING: Operating, servicing and maintaining a passenger vehicle or off-road vehicle can expose you to chemicals including engine exhaust, carbon monoxide, phthalates, and lead. which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. To minimize exposure, avoid breathing exhaust, do not idle the engine except as necessary, service your vehicle in a well-ventilated area and wear gloves or wash your hands frequently when servicing your vehicle, For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/passenger-vehicle.
El uso, servicio y mantenimiento de un vehiculo de pasajeros o de un todo terreno pueden exponerlo a sustancias quimicas, incluyendo los gases del escape del motor, monoxido de carbono, italatos y plomo, reconocidos por el Estado de California como causa de cancer, defectos de nacimiento u otros danos del sistema reproductive. Para minimizer la exposicion, evite respirar los gases del escape, no deje el motor en punto muerto (ralenti) salvo si es necesario, ele servicio al vehiculo en un årea bien ventilada, y use guantes o låvese las manos frecuencia al dar servicio al vehiculo. Para obtener mås informaciön, visite www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/passenger-vehicle.
ServiceUp is registered with the CA State Department of Consumer Affairs. A Customer is entitled to: (1) a written estimate for repair work, (2) a detailed invoice of work done and parts supplied, (3) return of replaced parts, if requested at the time a work order is placed. Unresolved questions may be submitted to the Bureau of Automotive Repair, (800-952-5210) or visit www.autorepair.ca.gov